Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Promising Preview - Michael Bublé: Everything



When I heard that Michael Bublé's new single would be called "Everything" I immediately assumed it would be a smooth ballad - and knowing that he wrote it himself a love song to his fiancé Emily Blunt, I was even more convinced.

The single was released yesterday on iTunes, and after one listening I realize I was terribly wrong. This is a mid-tempo, happy, positive pop song; very untypically Michael, yet it won't cause him to fall into the mainstream pop category. It's the sort of song that makes you want to go out and embrace the spring. His vocals are brilliant as usual, and I think it's a smart move that he doesn't change the style of his singing to suit the pop style of the song. That's part of his unique sound. I also think - and hope -  the song will help to increase his fanbase, as people will learn that he can pull off modern, original songs too and not just standards.

This is a great preview of what's to come when his album "Call Me Irresponsible" will be released May 1st.

No comments: