Saturday, July 15, 2006

Zachary Provost - Heart of the Moment (EP)


This brilliant EP was released a while ago but I just recently bought it as it was made available in iTunes in Norway. I had already heard Zachary's previous release "Alive" and I admit my expectations were high - and the "pianosunshineman" as he calls himself on his message board didn't let me down. The EP is a refreshing little handful of piano based pop that displays both great lyrics as well as beautiful melodies - Three brand new studio tracks, one live track and a string remix of a song from the previous EP. His sound can be described as similar to Vienna Teng and Corinne May.

When I discovered Zachary's music it was because a fellow Josh Groban fan had recommended it to me - Zach played piano, did backing vocals and was musical director on Josh's tour. I was hooked instantly. I get the impression that not that many people are familiar with Zachary's music, despite good reviews in music magazines and online. Maybe it's because he's released two EP's and not yet a full album - I don't know. But if you like good music I suggest you check him out. http://www.myspace.com/zacharyprovost

No comments: